- 4 cups of strong coffee (go on, be a dear, and use Fair Instant)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 50ml/2fl oz amaretto, or to taste (more the merrier, we say)
- 1 ready-made panettone, cut into rectangles 15cm/6in long, 1cm/½in deep
- 500g/1lb 2oz mascarpone
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence (you could go all fancy on us and use a vanilla pod, but really?)
- 150g/5oz icing sugar
- 200ml/7fl oz double cream, whipped until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed
- cocoa power, for dusting
- dark chocolate, grated, to garnish (it would be rude not to finish off the rest of the bar yourself)
- Mix the coffee, caster sugar and amaretto, to taste, in a large bowl.
- Add the panettone slices to the coffee mixture and set aside.
- Place the mascarpone, vanilla essence and icing sugar into a separate bowl and mix together.
- Add the double cream and fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Place a piece of soaked panettone onto each plate. Add a spoonful of the mascarpone and cream mixture to each soaked panettone slice, then place another panettone slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Spoon more cream over the top and sprinkle with the cocoa powder. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and sprinkle with gratings of dark chocolate.
care to comment?